POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Isosurface-to-mesh : Re: Isosurface-to-mesh Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface-to-mesh
From: J  Grimbert
Date: 23 Jul 1999 10:40:00
Message: <37987EB2.A7AC92CC@atos-group.com>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> In article <3797f5ff@news.povray.org> , "Anders Haglund"
> <and### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
> > Well, we just have to start distribute povray from sweden then because we
> > don't have patents on algorithms here. :)
> > It has been done for a couple of mp3-encoders who use that fast fraunhofer
> > algorithm or what ever it's called.
>
> I think that goes for the whole European Union - we don't have such a
> nonsense here in Germany either.

Yet! But trust the U.S. government to put pressure on the E.U. parlement
to recognize:
 - mathematical patent (just let me patent PI and e, as well as the
addition)
 - biological patent (you are all mine ! your blood is mine, all your
                      proteine are patented, all your DNA is patented
                          (by small chunk, so making a baby is a patent
                         violation of reusing patented material !)